Muffle furnace is a kind of industrial general heating equipment. It is also very common in many types of laboratories. According to the appearance and shape, it can be divided into box furnace, tube furnace and crucible furnace.
1. The refractory of the new muffle furnace contains moisture. In addition, in order to generate an oxide layer on the heating element, it must be baked at a low temperature for several hours and gradually heated to 900 ° C before being used, and maintained for more than 5 hours. In order to prevent the furnace from rupturing due to rapid changes in temperature after being wet.
2. When the muffle furnace is heated, the furnace jacket will also become hot. Keep the furnace away from flammable materials and keep the outside of the furnace easy to dissipate heat.
3. When doing the ashing test, be sure to carbonize the sample on the electric furnace before putting it in the ashing furnace to prevent the accumulation of carbon from damaging the heating element.
4. The furnace temperature must not exceed the maximum temperature during use, so as not to burn the heating elements, and it is forbidden to inject various liquids and molten metals into the furnace.
5. The working life of the heating element depends on the oxide layer on its surface. Damage to the oxide layer will shorten the life of the heating element, and each shutdown will damage the oxide layer. Therefore, avoid shutdown after starting up.
6. After several cycles of heating, cracks may appear in the insulation material of the furnace. These cracks are caused by thermal expansion and have no effect on the quality of the furnace.
7. The muffle furnace is an experimental article and must not be used for other purposes. The sample must be stored in a clean crucible and the furnace must not be contaminated.
8. When the resistance furnace is used, it should be taken care of frequently to prevent accidents caused by self-control failure. Do not use the resistance furnace when no one is on duty at night.
9. After the muffle furnace is used, the power should be cut off to allow it to cool down naturally. The furnace door should not be opened immediately to prevent the furnace from being suddenly cracked. If it is used urgently, a small slit can be opened first to allow the cooling to speed up. Only when the temperature drops below 200 ° C can the furnace door be opened.
10. When using a muffle furnace, pay attention to safety and be careful of burns.